Her name is Ingrid and she is up for adoption at the Little Shelter Animal Rescue. She was found lying by a fenced battered and bruised by what shelter officials think as the results of being bait for dog fighting.
She's is also special needs dog that has been on medicine for congestive heart failure. I am no stranger to this disease as my Schizer Baby has the same one but out of the 12 pills Schizer gets a day, Ingrid is happily healthy on just one. Viagra. She receives one Viagra three times daily to open the vessels by her heart and allow the blood to flow to her entire body. The medicine is currently being donated by men on Long Island but according to one newspaper, if every man who is currently prescribed to Viagra donated one pill, Ingrid would be set for years to come.
So, let's help Ingrid, tell your neighbors, husbands, friends, and family. If they can't donate a little blue pill get the word out that she needs a family of her own. Ingrid has been at the shelter for years and it is time.
How can you say no to this gorgeous dog?
For the Love of Dogs won a Blog Award from The Tales of Dexter and Nora!
Here are the rules:
Rule 1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
Thank your Dexter! I love reading your blog every day and to get this award puts a big smile on my face!
Rule 2. Share 7 things about yourself.
1) My husband and I take our dogs everywhere with us! It doesn't matter if we're traveling to Tennessee to whitewater raft, Georgia to hike, or Jersey to see family, we pack the dogs in.
2) I work at an animal hospital and when I'm not helping the Drs. save lives, I sit on the floor and play with the hospitalized animals.
3) My lab after 6 years finally goes in the water!
4) That lab is also on Prozac.
5) My doggie Maxx is a natural outdoorsman, while at a lake house in Georgia he figured out the way to open the patio door so he could cruise the woods and water. One time he let himself out, ran down all the steps, which were way too many to count, and jumped right into the boat to go fishing!
6) I love senior animals and wish I could have a rescue just for them.
7) I sometimes feel like I should have a warning sign on my door for the zoo that lives in my house!
Rule 3. Pass the award along to bloggers who you think are fantastic (I changed that rule a little):
1. Kind Hearts
2. Romance Puppy
3. Teddy's Tales
4. Thoughts of a yodeling goatherder
5. Bocci Beef's
6. Here comes trouble
Rule 4. Contact Blog award winners.
For everyone who hasn't been to the blogs listed above, please do, they are truly great reads.
Thanks again Dexter!